1 1/2 cups all-purpouse flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks/6 oz./170g) butter
1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
2. Blend all ingredients together. Dough will be stiff.
3. Press dough into a 9 x 9-inch buttered or greased baking dish.
4. Prick top of shortbread with tines of a fork.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pale golden brown on the edges. Cool and cut into squares. Dust tops of cookies with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Makes approximately 1 dozen cookies.
Submitted By: Jen
Date: September 21, 2006