2 (9-inch) chocolate cakes (store-bought or homemade)
2 large or 3 small packages instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup Kahlua (coffee flavored liqueur)
2 (12 oz.) containers Cool Whip, thawed completely
1 package Heath Toffee Bits (found in the chocolate chip section of your supermarket)
You will need a clear glass serving bowl that is 10 to 11 inches in diameter and about 8 to 9 inches deep, such as a trifle bowl.
1. Bake the two 9-inch round cakes and cool completely (if making cakes from scratch).
2. Prepare instant chocolate pudding, according to instructions on package. Add the kahlua to the pudding.
3. Place one round cake in bottom of clear serving bowl.
4. Pour half of pudding/kahlua mixture on top of cake.
5. Spread one container of Cool Whip over pudding/kahlua mixture, making sure that chocolate pudding doesn't seep through.
6. Sprinkle half of the bag of toffee pieces on top of Cool Whip layer.
7. Place second cake on top of toffee pieces.
8. Spoon remaining pudding/kahlua mixture over toffee pieces.
9. Spread the remaining container of Cool Whip over pudding/kahlua mixture.
10. Sprinkle remaining toffee pieces on top. Keep dessert chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Use a large serving spoon to serve.
Makes 10-15 servings.
Source: Mother-In-Law (Joanne)
Submitted By: Connie Matteo
Date: August 12, 2006