300 ml (1 1/2 cups) water
100 ml (1/2 cup) Pisang Ambon liqueur (tropical fruit, banana and herb liqueur)
15O grams (5 ounces) caster sugar (superfine or granulated sugar may be substituted)
1/2 lime or lemon (only the juice)
1. In a saucepan bring the water and the sugar together to a boil and let it cook softly (simmer) for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and mix the liqueur and the juice of a half lemon (or lime) through it and set it completely in a cold-water-bath.
3. When the mixture is sufficiently cooled down, place it in a puddle sign box (container for freezing) and place in the freezer.
4. Let granita set in freezer for 4 hours. Each half hour remove the granita from the freezer and mix well with a fork, to prevent ice crystals.
5. After 4 hours in the freezer, the granita is ready.
6. Keep the granita in the freezer until ready to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Ronny Henri Szostek
Submitted By: Ronny Henri Szostek
Date: October 22, 2005