1 1/2 punnets (2 pints or approximately 6 1/2 cups) fresh strawberries
2 oz. (1/3 to 1/2 cup, depending on how sweet you want the sauce to be) granulated or castor sugar
Juice of 1/2 half lemmon
Fresh mint leaves, for decoration
1. Wash the strawberries, then remove all the green stalks and leaves. After you have done that cut them in half.
2. Put half the sugar in a large bowl with a very small amount of water, then add the strawberries.
3. Let the sugar and strawberries stand for 30 minutes.
4. Add the lemon juice and the remaining sugar to the strawberry mixture and put into blender. Blend until strawberry mixture is very liquidy. You may have to add a little more water.
5. Drizzle sauce liberally onto your dessert, or refrigerate for later use.
6. You may wish to try this warm or with other fruits such as apricots or raspberries. You could make quite a bit in the summer and freeze it for use all year round.
Makes approximately 2 cups sauce.
Source: My Kitchen
Submitted By: Gwen Hanauer
Date: August 21, 2005