1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup (5 tbsp/2 1/2 oz/68g) cold butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup ground black sesame seeds
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup sour cream
6 egg yolks
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. almond extract
1/3 cup ground black sesame seeds
6 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 C).
2. Cut butter into flour until mixture resembles corn meal.
3. Stir in sugar and ground sesame seeds, and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan. Give it a little shake to even out the layer.
5. Bake in preheated 300 degree F (150 C) oven for 10 minutes. Then set aside and let cool.
1. Turn down oven to 275 degrees F (135 C).
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until very smooth and silky. Do not overbeat.
3. Add in sour cream, egg yolks, cornstarch and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
4. Divide mixture into 2 halves, and stir in almond extract and ground sesame seeds respectively.
5. In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites at medium speed until soft peaks form.
6. Divide egg whites into 2 halves and carefully fold into the two mixtures respectively.
7. Spoon the 2 mixtures into the pan alternatively to create a marbled pattern. Use a skewer or toothpick to decorate with swirls.
8. Set the springform pan in a medium size roasting pan and pour hot water into the roasting pan to 3/4 full.
9. Bake for 60 minutes.
10. Turn off the oven but leave the cheesecakes inside oven to cool for about 2-3 hours.
11. Chill thoroughly for at least 4 hours, preferrably overnight.
Makes 1 (9-inch) cheesecake, 12-16 servings.
Photograph taken by Teri© 2005
Submitted By: Teri
Date: April 21, 2005