3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 pint (2 cups) sour cream
2 tablespoons caraway seeds (optional)
3/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl beat eggs and stir in sour cream.
4. Add the egg and sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.
5. Batter will be very thick.
6. Add the raisins and caraway seeds and stir well with wooden spoon or knead in with your hands.
7. Place batter in a greased 9-inch springform pan.
8. Dust the top with enough flour so that you can pat the batter like a bread dough evenly in the pan without it sticking to your hands.
9. With a knife make a shallow crisscross on the top.
10. Bake in preheated 350º F (180ºC) oven for 50 minutes.
Makes 1 loaf.
Submitted By: Irene
Date: March 16, 2004