1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/4 cups milk
1. In a mixing bowl, beat egg.
2. Stir in butter and milk.
3. In another mixing bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
4. Stir into egg mixture.
5. Lightly grease a griddle or a frying pan.
6. Heat griddle (or frying pan if using), and drop about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.
7. Spread lightly with a spoon.
8. When bubbles begin to appear around outside edge and break, turn with a spatula and cook on other side.
9. Lift edge a little with the spatula and peek under it to see how it's doing. (You will need to adjust your heat so they do not cook too fast and burn).
Note: The temperature should be somewhere between medium and medium-high.
11. Remove pancakes from griddle or pan, and place pancakes on a large plate. Serve warm with butter and syrup.
Makes 4 servings.
Submitted By: Irene
Date: March 3, 2004