1 package regular size Oreo cookies, crushed
1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 package white almond bark
1/4 package chocolate almond bark
1. Using a blender or hand held mixer, mix Oreos and cream cheese together.
2. Roll into walnut size balls.
3. Chill for an hour.
4. Melt white almond bark.
5. Stick a toothpick in an Oreo ball and dip it in the melted white almond bark.
6. Allow to harden on wax paper.
7. Let harden for approximately 15 minutes.
8. While waiting, melt chocolate almond bark.
9. When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate and white almond bark.
Makes 25-35 walnut size candies.
Makes 16 servings
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 cups milk or white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening
1. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Put chopped almonds in a skillet. Cook, stirring often over medium high heat, until golden brown. Remove from heat.
2. In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt chocolate chips and shortening until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 of the toasted almonds. Spread onto the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds, and chill 30 minutes, or until solid. Break into bite-size pieces to serve.
Submitted By: Joanne Teo
Date: 28 Dec 2003