1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
16 Oreo cookies, coarely chopped
2 ounces semisweet chocolate or white chocolate, melted
1. Beat (A) in a large bowl at medium speed until blended.
2. Stir in (B)
3. Fold in chopped Oreo cookies.
4. Divide mixture in half.
5. With floured hands, shape each half into a 9 x 3-inch loaf on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 C) for 35-30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the centre come out clean.
7. Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes.
8. Cut each loaf diagonally into 15 (1/2- inch thick) slices.
9. Place slices, cut side up, on same baking sheet.
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more on each side or until lightly toasted.
11. Drizzle tops with melted chocolate.
Makes 28 cookies.
Submitted By: Joanne Teo
Date: 28 Dec 2003