1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup bran
50 grams (3 1/2 tbsp./1 3/4 oz.) butter
1 tbsp. icing (confectioners') sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the bran, the sifted flour and icing sugar.
2. Either in a food processer or with your hands, incorporate the butter into the flour mixture until mixture becomes fine.
3. Mix in the egg with a fork until a paste is formed, then make a soft dough with your hands.
4. Grease a cookie sheet and spread the wafer dough with a spoon (or your hands) into a thin layer on cookie sheet. After you spread the layer of dough onto the cookie sheet, you cut the dough into approximately 36 squares* (see note below) with a sharp knife. It's quite easy to do as the dough is very soft. After that you put it into the oven.
5. Bake in a preheated 395 degree F (200 C) oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Immediatey remove wafers from cookie sheet with a metal spatula. Let wafers cool completely on rack. Store them in an airtight jar.
*Notes: Wafers can be stored for up to a week in a airtight jar or container, at room temperature.
*Above photo is of "round" bran wafers.
Makes 36 wafers.
Source: My Own Recipe
Submitted By: Fyezah J
Date: June 1, 2003