1/2 lb. (8 oz./226g) dried apricots
1/2 lb. (8 oz./226) whole almonds, toasted and cooled
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
Powdered sugar, for rolling balls in
1. In a food processor, process apricots, the toasted and cooled whole almonds and chocolate until very finely chopped.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook sugar and water until soft ball stage, approximately 240°F/115°C (approximately 10 minutes).
3. Stir in apricot mixture and cool.
4. Squeeze mixture together with hands to form a firm ball.
5. Using approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture, form into 1-inch balls.
6. Roll each ball in powdered sugar.
7. Place in candy cups or place balls on an attractive serving plate.
Recipe makes approximately 48 balls.
Serving Size: 1 ball
Recipe makes 48 balls
Calories: 61, Calories from Fat: 28, Total Fat: 3.1g, Saturated Fat: 0.6g Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1.8g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 16mg, Potassium: 100mg Total Carbohydrate: 8.4g, Dietary Fiber: 1.1g, Protein: 1.4g, Vitamin A: 170mcg Vitamin B6: 0.0mg, Vitamin B12: 0.0mcg Vitamin C: 0mg 0%, Vitamin E: 1mcg Calcium: 16mg, Magnesium: 18mg, Iron: 0mg
Photograph taken by Diana Baker Woodall© 2006
Source: Jewish Holiday Feasts Cookbook
Date: February 17, 2006