1 (18 1/4 oz.) package lemon cake mix, any brand
1 (3.4 oz. size) package instant pistachio pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (regular or mini size)
1 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled and coarsely ground
1 can ready-made lemon frosting
Serve cake with ice cream, whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Coat a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray, then flour the pan.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and oil for about 2 minutes at medium speed, until thoroughly combined.
3. With a spoon, stir in the white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the ground pistachios. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
4. Cool in pan for 25-30 minutes, then invert unto a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
5. Place can of frosting (remove lid and foil top) in microwave oven on HIGH for 40-50 seconds. The frosting will become thinner and pourable after microwaving.
6. Pour the heated frosting over the cake, letting it drip down the sides of cake. Immediately after glazing the cake, spread the remaining 1/2 cup of ground pistachios over the glaze. It's important to do this while the frosting is still warm so the pistachios stick to the glaze.
7. Allow the glazed cake to cool a bit before serving.
Makes 10-12 servings.