4 ripe bananas
2 tsp. butter
1/3 cup brown sugar or pure maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Cut bananas in half crosswise then lengthwise.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and place the bananas in the butter, coating them using a basting brush. Move the bananas to one side of the pan.
3. To the other side with the pan slightly tipped, add the maple syrup (or brown sugar), vanilla and lemon juice, and sprinkle on the cinnamon, stirring the sauce to mix well.
4. Lower the pan and blend the sauce with the bananas, spooning the sauce over the top. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. To serve, arrange 4 banana pieces on each of 4 dessert plates. Garnish each dish with mint sprig, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or any flavor ice cream of your choice. Serves 4.
Date: August 22, 2002