3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
6 egg yolks
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
6 egg whites
1 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting, if desired
Chopped pecans, if desired
Flaked coconut, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC. Grease a 9-inch x 3-inch springform pan. Coat bottom and sides of pan with graham cracker crumbs.
2. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar, the flour and cream of tartar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in sour cream, whipping cream and lemon peel on low speed. Stir in lemon juice.
3. Beat egg whites in medium bowl on high speed until stiff; gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture. Beat 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
4. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF/150ºC. Bake 60 to 75 minutes longer or until set. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 1 hour. Refrigerate uncovered about 4 hours or until chilled.
5. Place frosting in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 15 to 30 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle frosting over cheesecake and top with pecans and coconut. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
Source: Betty Crocker
Date: August 21, 2002