For the Cake:
3 large eggs
1 cup artificial sweetener (such as Equal Spoonful or Splenda Granular)
1 cup canned 100% pumpkin
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup self-rising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Filling:
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 to 2 cups lite or fat-free non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons artificial sweetener (such as Equal or Splenda)
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
To Make Cake:
1. Beat eggs and the 1 cup sweetener for 5 minutes in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer.
2. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Blend in flour, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
3. Line a 10 x 15 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake in preheated 350°F/180°C oven 5 to 8 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. Cool 3 minutes in pan; turn out onto a cloth and roll up from the narrow end. Chill in refrigerator until completely cool.
To Make the Filling:
4. Beat cream cheese, whipped topping and 2 tablespoons sweetener in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and spreadable.
5. Unroll pumpkin roll and spread with filling. Re-roll. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Dust cake roll with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Slice cake into pinwheels.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe adapted from Equal.com
Nutritional Information per serving (makes 8 servings)
1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Date: December 20, 2007