1 (15 oz.) can 100% pure pumpkin
4 large whole eggs
4 egg whites
1/2 cup fat-free or 1% milk
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 (8 or 12 ounce) container frozen fat-free, sugar-free or lite non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
Ground or freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF/160ºC.
2. Combine all ingredients (except the non-dairy whipped topping and nutmeg) in a large bowl; mix well.
3. Place 8 (4-ounce) oven-safe ramekins or custard cups on a rimmed baking sheet; fill each ramekin about 3/4 full with custard. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a knife in center of a custard. If it comes out clean, custards are finished. If not, bake for 5 minutes more and check for doneness again; repeat until cooked through (custards may take up to 30 to 35 minutes to bake until knife comes out clean). Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
4. When custards are completely cool, either refrigerate if serving later, or if serving right away, spoon 1/4 cup of whipped topping on top of each individual custard. Alternately, you may pass around a bowl with the whipped topping and a serving spoon for guests to serve themselves.
Makes 8 (4 oz.) servings.
1. You can make the custards one day in advance and store them in the refrigerator.
2. If desired, top each custard with a little freshly grated nutmeg, or ground nutmeg, or ground cinnamon.
3. If you are on the Weight Watchers Flex Plan (Points), each serving is approximately 2 points. If you are counting carbohydrates, each 4 ounce serving is 1 1/2 carbohydrate servings. (1 starch plus 1/2 milk serving).
Photograph taken by Diana Baker Woodall© 2007
Date: November 4, 2007