1 pound white baking chocolate, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/8 teaspoon green food coloring
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
Extra pistachios, for garnish
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over sides of pan. Spray with no stick cooking spray.
2. Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler or melt in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl.
3. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar on low speed until well blended. Add melted chocolate, extracts and food color; mix well. Stir in chopped pistachios.
4. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Garnish with additional pistachios, if desired.
5. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Use foil to lift out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into 25 (1 1/2-inch) squares. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 25 (1 1/2-inch) squares.
1 bag (12 ounces) white chocolate chips can be substituted for the white baking chocolate.
Date: April 11, 2007