1. Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a small pot of simmering water.
2. Using a pastry brush or new paint brush paint chocolate onto the inside of the muffin liners.
3. Place them in a muffin tin for easier handling.
4. Paint a thick layer and then refrigerate until it has set hard.
5. Puree the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
6. Spoon or pipe the peanut butter mixture into the hardened chocolate cups and then pour a thick layer of the remaining melted chocolate over the top making sure the edges are sealed.
7. Put back in refrigerator until the tops have set.
8. Peel liners off before serving.
Makes 4 regular size or 8 to 12 mini peanut butter cups.
Date: January 30, 2007