1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup (0.6 stick/2.4 oz./68g) butter or margarine, melted
Orange paste food color
2 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted, cooled
1. Line a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with waxed paper, extending paper over sides of pan. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
2. On work surface, place 3/4 cup dough. Knead desired amount of orange food color into dough until color is uniform. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan.
3. Divide remaining dough in half. Gently press one half of remaining dough into pan on top of orange dough. On work surface, knead chocolate into remaining dough until color is uniform. Press over plain dough in pan, pressing gently to edge of pan. Refrigerate 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C. Remove dough from pan. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice into 5 wedges. On ungreased cookie sheet, place wedges 1 inch apart.
5. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are very light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes 9 1/2 dozen cookies.
Source: Betty Crocker
Date: October 13, 2006