1. Bring cream to boil over medium heat; remove from heat. Add 6 ounces chopped chocolate, butter and liqueur; stir until melted.
2. Freeze mixture until firm enough to handle, about 1-2 hours.
3. Form mixture into small balls with a teaspoon; freeze 20 minutes.
4. Partially melt remaining chocolate over hot, not boiling water. Remove from heat and continue stirring until melted and smooth. Dip each ball in chocolate.
5. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle truffles with remaining melted chocolate. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
Roll truffles in powdered sugar or ground nuts instead of dipping in chocolate.
Date: October 27, 2004