1. Place the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan with 7 oz. of water, bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
2. Lay the biscuits in the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch square glass baking dish or divide between 4 glasses. Pour the cooled lemon syrup over the biscuits.
3. Whip together the mascarpone, heavy cream, sugar, lemon zest and juice.
4. Top the biscuits with a layer of lemon cream.
5. Place in refrigerator to chill.
6. Just before serving, dust with cocoa and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Date: August 16, 2004