2 slices white sandwich bread (other types of bread may be substituted such as wheat, sliced sourdough, rye, english muffin, etc.)
2 tablespoons creamy or crunchy style peanut butter
1 tablespoon jelly, jam or preserves (Any flavor may be used. I recommend strawberry, grape, or raspberry although some people enjoy orange, apricot or peach jelly, jam or preserves instead of the red jellies, jams or preserves).
Note: Some people like their bread toasted but traditionally peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are served on non-toasted bread and on white bread.
1. Place both slices of bread on a plate that is large enough to place both slices of bread flat on the plate, side by side.
2. With a butter knife or jam or jelly spreader, spread the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on one slice of bread.
3. With a clean butter knife or jam or jelly spreader, spread the 1 tablespoon jelly on the second slice of bread.
4. Sandwich the two slices of bread together.
5. If desired, slice the sandwich in half or in quarters.
Makes 1 peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Date: August 8, 2004