1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly butter 9-inch springform pan. Tightly wrap bottom of pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in bowl. Press mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
1. Place solid ivory, butter and cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth and let cool.
2. Beat cream cheese in mixing bowl until smooth, using electric mixer at medium speed. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and cooled solid ivory mixture, using low speed. Pour mixture over crust.
3. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until top is slightly puffed and center is just firm. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour and prop oven door open. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
1. Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture turns light golden brown. Remove from heat.
2. Heat heavy cream in another saucepan until it comes to a gentle boil. Gradually add hot cream to sugar mixture, stirring until blended. Cool completely.
Assembling the Cheesecake:
1. Loosen edge of cheesecake with a knife. Remove side of springform pan. Cut into wedges.
2. Add macadamia nuts to caramel sauce. Heat sauce over low heat and stir until sauce thins. Spoon over cheesecake wedges and serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings.
Note: To toast macadamia nuts, spread on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F (180°C). for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
Source: Godiva Chocolatier
Date: July 27, 2004