1A. Prepare Oatmeal Cookie Crust (recipe follows).
1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake crust 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown; cool on wire rack while making filling.
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, rum, vanilla, rum extract and salt on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time; beat just until well blended. Mix in sour cream. Pour filling evenly over crust.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or just until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate until cold, 4 hours or more. Cut into bars using a sharp, wet knife dipped in cold water (wipe knife clean between each cut). Store tightly covered in refrigerator or freeze. Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
Makes 32 bars.
Tip: If desired, omit rum and increase rum extract to 1 tablespoon.
Oatmeal Cookie Crust:
1-1/2 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Spray bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in butter; mix well. Press firmly into an even layer on bottom of pan. Follow baking instructions for Easy Rum Cheesecake Bars.
Source: Quaker Oatmeal
Date: June 13, 2003