1. Heat oven to 450°F. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using 9-inch pie pan. Bake at 450°F. for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine milk and gelatin; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in pudding mix. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Add 3/4 cup vanilla chips to pudding mixture; stir occasionally until melted. Place plastic wrap over surface of pudding; refrigerate 1 hour to cool.
4. In small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into cooled pudding mixture. Fold in remaining whipping cream. Spoon pudding mixture into cooled baked pie shell; spread evenly.
5. Twist stems of strawberries to remove or use tip of sharp knife, being careful to not cut berries. Place strawberries, pointed ends up, on filling, gently pressing about 1/4 of each berry into filling.
6. In small saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons vanilla chips and oil over low heat until melted, stirring constantly until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until serving time.
Makes: 8 servings.
Date: November 19, 2002