Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Christmas
Christmas Morning Cinnamon Buns
in Guest Recipe Book
(total ratings: 1)
[Read reviews] [Post a review]
|Servings: Makes: 12 Buns|
Prepare in a rectangular pan for larger buns. (See Note)*
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 recipe Basic Refrigerated Sweet Dough
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
3 teaspoons water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Filling: Mix brown sugar, pecans, butter and cinnamon in small bowl.
2. Buns: Place dough on lightly floured surface; punch down; knead briefly. Cover dough; let rest for up to 20 minutes.
3. Roll dough out into 12x 8-inch rectangle. Sprinkle evenly with filling.
4. Starting from 12-inch edge, roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion. Pinch ends together to seal . Cut roll crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Place buns, cut side up and touching, in lightly greased 8-inch round pan .
5. Cover pan; let rise in warm place, away from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
6. To bake, heat oven to 350°.
7. Bake in 350° F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan to rack to cool slightly.
8. Meanwhile, prepare glaze: Whisk together confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth and good drizzling consistency.
9. Drizzle glaze over tops of buns. Separate into individual buns and serve immediately.
Makes: 12 Buns.
*Note: To make these buns in a 13x9 2-inch baking pan (for larger buns), use the entire recipe for Basic Refrigerated Sweet Dough, with the following changes: Increase the filling to 3/4 cups packed light-brown sugar, 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine, and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Increase the glaze to 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 4 teaspoons water and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Increase the baking time to 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutrient Value Per Bun: 203 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated), 3 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 75 mg sodium
|Source: Woman's Day Magazine|
|Submitted By: Lynne Parrish|
|Date: September 22, 2002|