Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Tea Time
in Guest Recipe Book
|[Be the first to post a review!]|
|Servings: Makes 8 scones|
A very quick and easy recipe which is very simple to make and is very appetizing!
250g (8 to 9 ounces) self-raising flour
50g (3 1/2 tbsp./1 3/4 oz.) margarine
50g (1/4 cup) sugar
100ml (about 1/2 cup) milk
6 glacé cherries, halved
50g (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup) currants
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F, Gas mark 6. Grease a baking tray.
2. Sieve the flour into a medium bowl. Rub in the margarine and stir in the sugar. Add the cherry halves and currants. Combine well.
3. Whisk together the egg and milk (reserving 5 tbsp. of mixture for brushing top of unbaked scones). Add the above flour mixture until it makes a soft dough. Knead it lightly until smooth.
4. Roll out dough to 2cm (3/4 inch) thick. Shape the scones with biscuit or cookie cutters. Place on prepared baking tray.
5. Brush top of each scone with milk mixture and bake in preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Remove scones from tray and place them on wire rack to cool.
Makes 8 scones.
|Source: A school recipe|
|Submitted By: Habeeba|
|Date: February 12, 2008|