Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Cookies
Diane's Sugar Cookies
in Guest Recipe Book
(total ratings: 1)
[Read reviews] [Post a review]
3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks (6 oz./170g) unsalted butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. sour cream
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Cream butter, sugar, sour cream and lemon zest; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, then milk.
3. Gradually, add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter mixture, scraping the bowl as necessary with a rubber spatula and beating only until thoroughly mixed.
4. Divide dough into 2 halves. Wrap each halve with foil or plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 3 hours or longer. Do not place dough in freezer.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
6. Place one half of dough on lightly floured pastry cloth. Turn dough to flour all sides and roll out to desired thickness. For very large cookies, 1/4-inch. Cut the cookies as you wish.
7. Transfer cookies to ungreased cookie sheets. If cookies are large and thick, place at least 2 inches apart. Sprinkle the tops of the cookies generously with granulated sugar.
8. Bake cookies in preheated oven until lightly browned. Large, thick cookies will need to bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
|Submitted By: Jen|
|Date: October 10, 2006|