Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Pound Cakes
Kadazan Pound Cake
in Guest Recipe Book
(total ratings: 3)
[Read reviews] [Post a review]
Great for children's parties, birthdays, etc.
250gm (2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons/9 oz./1 1/8 cup) butter or margarine
4 fresh eggs (any size will do)
1 cup fresh milk
1 cup granulated sugar
3 cups self-rising flour
1 cup cubed sweet potato
1 cup shreaded pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 F). Grease an 8-inch baking tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and fresh milk. Using an electric mixer, mix at low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add flour, sweet potato and shredded pumpkin, mixing on medium speed for 2 more minutes.
4. Spoon batter into prepared baking tin and bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
5. Let cake cool on wire rack and cut into slices before serving.
Makes 9-12 servings.
|Source: Kay Manson|
|Submitted By: Kay Manson|
|Date: October 21, 2005|
Reviewer: Marie Szewczuk
Reviewer: audreyj joy