Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Tea Time
in Guest Recipe Book
(total ratings: 1)
[Read reviews] [Post a review]
375 gm/13 oz. sugar
195 gm/7 oz. margarine
1 1/2 tsp. sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
3/4 tsp. salt
450gm/16 oz. mashed banana
450gm/16 oz. plain flour (all-purpose flour)
3/4 tsp. baking powder
120ml (4 fluid oz/1/2 cup) milk
100gm /4 oz. chopped walnut
50gm /2 oz. sunflower seeds (optional)
1. Cream (A) until light and fluffy.
2. Add (B) and cream until smooth.
3. Add ( C) and mix until well blended.
4. Mix in (D) until well combined.
5. Add (E) and mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin (8 inches x 4 inches x 4 inches high).
Note: You can also sprinkle some chopped walnuts and sunflower seeds on top to make the bread more attractive.
7. Bake at 170 degrees C or 340 degrees F for 55-60 minutes.
Raisins can used instead of walnuts.
Mixture makes 2 loaves.
|Submitted By: Irene|
|Date: March 12, 2004|