Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Candy and Confections
Ginger Praline Truffles
in Guest Recipe Book
|[Be the first to post a review!]|
These truffles can be made in advance and stored for 3-4 days in the lower part of the refrigerator or other cool place.
150 g (5 oz.) dark chocolate (70%)
150 g (5 oz.) cream
50 g (3 tbsp.) butter
60 g (2 oz.) hazelnut praline* (see note below)
Unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp. ground or candied ginger
2 tbsp. cognac
1. Melt the chocolate over hot water.
2. Bring the cream to a boil.
3. Pour the cream over the chocolate.
4. Add the butter and stir until smooth; add the hazelnut praline (see below), cognac and ginger; let the mixture rest over night.
5. Scoop out one portion at a time with a teaspoon; form into a ball and roll in the cocoa powder. Store truffles in a cool place.
*Note: Hazelnut Praline can be purchased online at King Arthur Flour's website:
http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com or at:
To Make Homemade Hazelnut Praline
2 oz. finely crushed hazelnuts
1 oz. granulated sugar
Combine the crushed hazelnuts with the sugar. Add to chocolate/butter mixture (see Instuction #4 above).
Source: Recipe adapted from The Worldwide Gourmet.
|Date: March 4, 2005|