Lemon Pistachio Bundt Cake with Glaze
in Diana's Recipe Book
(total ratings: 1)
[Read reviews] [Post a review]
This is a good cake for St. Patrick's Day as the pistachio pudding in the batter gives the cake a pretty light green color.
1 (18 1/4 oz.) package lemon cake mix, any brand
1 (3.4 oz. size) package instant pistachio pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (regular or mini size)
1 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled and coarsely ground
1 can ready-made lemon frosting
Serve cake with ice cream, whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Coat a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray, then flour the pan.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and oil for about 2 minutes at medium speed, until thoroughly combined.
3. With a spoon, stir in the white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the ground pistachios. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
4. Cool in pan for 25-30 minutes, then invert unto a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
5. Place can of frosting (remove lid and foil top) in microwave oven on HIGH for 40-50 seconds. The frosting will become thinner and pourable after microwaving.
6. Pour the heated frosting over the cake, letting it drip down the sides of cake. Immediately after glazing the cake, spread the remaining 1/2 cup of ground pistachios over the glaze. It's important to do this while the frosting is still warm so the pistachios stick to the glaze.
7. Allow the glazed cake to cool a bit before serving.
Makes 10-12 servings.
I gave it a poor only because you omitted something. 1 package (4 servings) jello instant pistachio pudding mix. You forgot to include what to do with pudding in the directions. I assume you add it to the cake mix.
Note From Diana's Desserts
This is Diana from this website. I want to let you know I have corrected the recipe so now the instructions include the pudding mix and when to add it. So sorry. This recipe was one of the first ones I put on my site back in 2002 and I was a little new at this sort of thing. Hope you enjoy the cake......Diana, Diana's Desserts.