Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in St. Patrick's Day
St. Patrick's Day Cookies
in Diana's Recipe Book
|[Be the first to post a review!]|
|Servings: Makes about 3 dozen|
Here's a delicious recipe for chocolate cookies for celebrating St. Patrick's Day. The kids will love them and the grown-ups will want a few for themselves too.
1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz./226g) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Quick Cookie Glaze (see recipe below)
36 Chocolate Kisses
1. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Divide dough in half; place each half on separate sheet of wax paper.
2. Shape each half into log with squared sides, about 7 inches long and 2-1/4 inches wide. Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C. Cut logs into 3/8-inch thick slices. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Remove wrappers from Chocolate Kisses.
5. Prepare Quick Cookie Glaze; drizzle cookies. Immediately place a chocolate piece on each cookie.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Quick Cookie Glaze:
Stir together 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 3 to 4 teaspoons milk, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 3 or 4 drops green food color in small bowl until of drizzling consistency.
|Source: Recipe adapted from Hershey's|
|Date: March 10, 2007|