Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Christmas
Almond Cookies with Kisses
in Diana's Recipe Book
|[Be the first to post a review!]|
|Servings: Makes 36 cookies|
A classic almond cookie with a chocolate kiss, a perfect cookie for Christmas gift giving.
1 (10 oz.) package Hershey Kisses
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 (7 oz.) box Odense Almond Paste
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks/6 oz./170g) butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
2 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F/160 degrees C. Set rack in center of oven. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Unwrap Kisses.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Grate almond paste on large hole side of grater.
4. Combine almond paste, butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar in mixing bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, or until soft and fluffy.
5. Add egg whites and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
6. Mix in flour mixture on low speed until just incorporated.
7. With a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, scoop enough dough to form a 1-inch ball.
8. Roll dough between palms to make balls. Roll balls in remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
9. Place balls on prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between for spreading.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until bottoms are light golden. Gently press a Kiss™ in center of each warm cookie. Remove cookie to wire rack to cool.
Makes 36 cookies.
|Date: October 22, 2006|