Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Brownies - Bar Desserts
in Diana's Recipe Book
|[Be the first to post a review!]|
A lower fat brownie made with canola oil and reduced fat yoghurt and apple sauce instead of butter. You won't be able to tell the difference and your friends or family members who are on low-cholesterol diets will love you for making these luscious chocolate raspberry bars for them.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups granulated or superfine baker's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
7 oz. thick reduced fat vanilla yoghurt
4 oz. apple sauce
7 oz. fresh or frozen raspberries
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting tops
Serve with: (optional)
Reduced-Fat Ice Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Grease and line the bottom and sides of a 11 x 7-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flours, baking soda and cocoa into a large bowl and make a well in the center.
3. Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil and yoghurt in a large pitcher. Add the flours and mix until smooth. Fold through the apple sauce and raspberries.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Cut into squares and dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with extra fresh berries and reduced fat ice cream, if desired.
Makes 16 brownies.
|Date: October 21, 2006|