Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Treats For Kids
Fruit Topped Pizza with a Cookie Crust
in Diana's Recipe Book
|[Be the first to post a review!]|
A special "fruit topped" pizza that the kids will really enjoy any time of the year. Popular with kids and adults alike, this dessert pizza is incredibly easy to make using store-bought refrigerated sugar cookie dough for the crust. Top this delicious "pizza" with your favorite spring or summer fruits.
1 container (18-ounce) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 container (8-ounce) cream cheese
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
2 kiwi fruit, peeled, sliced
3 canned peaches, drained, patted dry, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh raspberries or blueberries
2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
2. Roll cookie dough into ball, then press into shallow round pizza pan or 9-inch-diameter cake pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Cool crust completely in pan on cooling rack.
5. Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl.
6. Beat for 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
7. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust.
8. Spread jam over cream cheese.
9. Decorate with kiwi slices, peaches, raspberries, and toasted coconut.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
|Date: March 10, 2005|