Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Cakes and Tortes
Applesauce Cake with Hot Milk Frosting
in Diana's Recipe Book
(total ratings: 1)
[Read reviews] [Post a review]
Everyone will love this old-fashion applesauce cake with it's lovely Hot Milk Frosting.
For the Cake:
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark)
1/2 cup (1 stick/4 oz/113 g) butter or margarine
2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 2/3 cups applesauce
2/3 cup raisins (optional)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
For the Frosting:
1/4 cup milk
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick/1 oz/28 g) butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 C). Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch pan cake pan.
2. In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; mix well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with applesauce, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisins and nuts. Spread batter in greased and floured pan.
4. Bake in preheated 325 degree F (160 C) oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool slightly.
5. For Frosting: Heat milk in medium saucepan over low heat just until warm. Remove from heat. Add all remaining frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Spoon and spread over warm cake.
Makes 18 servings.
|Date: Jul 10, 2004|
Reviewer: jim socks