White Chocolate Pistachio Cheesecake
in Diana's Recipe Book
(total ratings: 8)
[Read reviews] [Post a review]
For the Crust
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup roasted shelled pistachios, chopped
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
For the Filling
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
6 ounces white chocolate, melted
1 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl and mix well. Press firmly in bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F (180ºC). Remove and allow to cool.
3. Wrap outside bottom and sides of pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF (160ºC).
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar. Beat until mixture is very soft. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Add white chocolate. Beat until combined. Do not over-beat*. Reserve 2 tablespoons pistachios. Stir in remaining pistachios. Pour mixture into crust and sprinkle remaining pistachios on top.
5. Place pan in a larger pan such as a roasting pan. Pour boiling water into larger pan until 1/2" deep. Place in oven and bake 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, release sides of springform pan, and transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Cut into wedges.
Makes 12-16 servings.
*Note: Over-beating incorporates too much air into cheesecake batter. This causes mixture to over-rise during baking and cracks may form. Cracks are also caused by over-baking or drafts while cooling.)
|Date: June 16, 2004|
All my friends and colleagues love this cheesecake.
I cut down on the sugar portion as I personally felt that the white chocolate is sweet enough.
Once I did it with dark chocolate but without cutting back on sugar.
Both taste as good.
Thank you for sharing the receipe
your white chocolate pistachio cheesecake looks very festive. what decors did you use? cant wait to make this
I think it's great, but I have never sold it to my clients. Can't wait to see their reactions!
i like this recipe. it tastes good and my customers are also very happy. thanks!
I think this cake is absolutely wonderful. I make a canolli filling to top off my cake. With sprinkles of white chocolate and pistachios, it makes me think I am in Italy!
Made it for a New years Party. Fantastic! Great recipe. Easy to follow.
Great recipe! Used this as my base, but substituted No. Maple Syrup & Dark Brown Sugar for sweetener. Also added a bit of walnuts to the crust, A LOT more pistachios & a good heaping of Matcha. In essence: A Matcha-Maple-Pistachio-White-Chocolate Cheesecake!