Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in Springtime
in Diana's Recipe Book
|[Be the first to post a review!]|
For easy entertaining, serve this wonderful dessert. It is a great alternative to traditional strawberry shortcake especially with its luscious cream cheese frosting and mouth-watering strawberry topping.
1 cup frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
3 cups sifted cake flour
1 (3.5 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick/4 oz./113g) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Red food coloring (optional)
1 tub ready-to-spread Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Place strawberries in blender container. Cover and blend until pureed. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Set aside strawberry puree and pan.
3. Stir together flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt. In large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with electric mixer on medium speed until light and creamy. Gradually beat in sugar.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Stir together milk and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture, beating on low speed after each addition.
5. Pour two-thirds cup of pureed strawberries and 1 or 2 drops red food coloring (optional) into cake batter; beat 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
6. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
7. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Just before serving, drizzle remaining strawberry puree over frosting.
Makes 12 servings.
|Date: April 19, 2004|