Diana's Desserts - www.dianasdesserts.com
See more recipes in St. Patrick's Day
St. Patty's Minted Shortbread Cookies
in Diana's Recipe Book
|[Be the first to post a review!]|
|Servings: Makes about 5 dozen cookies|
You can make this dough and keep it refrigerated for up to a week before baking the cookies. This way you will have them on hand for St. Patrick's Day.
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
9 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh peppermint leaves
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175° C).
1. In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together until smooth. Mix in the egg and the extracts. Add the flour, then stir in the peppermint leaves and salt. Mix until smooth.
2. Place the dough on plastic wrap and roll it into a tube 1 1/4 inch around. Wrap again in plastic, then place in the refrigerator until the dough is firm—about 1 hour.
3. Unwrap dough and slice it into 1/4-inch thick slices. Keep the slices even and thin, and rotate the tube to keep it round.
4. Place the dough slices on the cookie sheets.
5. Put cookie sheets into the hot oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the bottom edges are just barely brown. Use the spatula to remove the cookies from the sheet and place them on a rack to cool.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
|Date: February 20, 2003|